About the IWG
The ETIPS on Batteries Europe has a national and regional coordination group (NRCG) composed of representatives from SET plan countries acting on behalf of national and regional authorities in charge of research, innovation, education, climate action, and energy. In the group, members can share information on the developments made by their own countries and regions in battery research while receiving updates from the European Commission and the Batteries Europe Secretariat on policy and funding developments.
The group also provides opportunities to enhance cooperation between members so as to receive co-funding and prevent research activities from being duplicated.
The NRCG is the body responsible for reporting on the progress of battery-related projects for the SET Plan. Each SET Plan country provides information about their battery projects at national and regional levels in order to enable improved funding and policy planning for future decarbonisation activities.
Targets and objective
The NRCG’s goals are to:
1) foster productive exchanges between SET Plan countries, ensuring collaboration that can facilitate funding streams for battery research at national and regional level
2) inform members about policy developments and relevant funding opportunities at European level
3) collect information from SET Plan countries on their national progress of battery-related projects for SET Plan purposes
4) allow SET Plan countries to share their best practices in fostering battery research and innovation.
The group operates in a lively collaborative environment, which Batteries Europe will continue to build on during future funding periods.
Composition of the IWG
The NRCG is composed by the following members:
- representatives of regional and national authorities in charge of research, innovation, education, climate action, and energy in the following SET Plan countries:
- representatives of regional platforms: European Regions Research and Innovation Network (ERRIN), Advanced Materials for Batteries Partnership
- representatives of public-private partnerships: clean energy transition partnership, Batteries European Partnership Association
- members of the Batteries Europe Secretariat.
List of events
NRCG meetings are private. In order to join the group, please write to the NRCG Chair, Annabelle Rondaud (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Jobs and skills in the energy transition
Digitalisation of the Energy sector
Looking back at 10 years of Forward thinking SET Plan magazine
International Cooperation magazine
Funding Low-carbon Technologies magazine
Energy Systems Modelling magazine
Fuel Cells and Hydrogen magazine
Materials for Energy magazine
Power Storage magazine
SET Plan conference 2021
CarE-Service newsletters published
Low carbon energy technologies: successes and opportunities
Implementing the SET Plan 2020 report